Mudbox Head Sculpture

Posted by Sofie W On 0 comments

So the task is to create a mud box sculpture of a classmate.

Subject: Pippa!


Below: Using the photos as reference to get the head proportionally in scale.

Below: Moulding the main bits out with a low poly count.

Below: Smoothing out, still on low poly.

Below: Tried using a sphere for her hair but it didn't turn out how I expected so I scrapped that idea and went back to moulding the hair straight off the basic head.

Below: A rough attempt at guide lining the hair using a thin brushed sculpt tool.

Below: Upped the poly count and tested some texture on the hair.
I'm really struggling at this point with getting the lips right - Also need to figure out how to get the hair lifted off the scalp. At this current point in time she looks like a Victorian scullery maid!

Below: Really struggling at this part to get the hair/lips right still. Hunting through tutorials!